5.28.2009

April Showers Brings May Baby Showers!

Marlene hosted an AMAZING baby shower for me last week.  I think I am set...for now :)  I really have no idea if I am set or not, because I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHE NEEDS!  Luckily, I have a great mom/mom-in-law and superb sisters and sis-in-laws and friends who will be my motherhood mentors.   
Opening gifts!
Cali modeled Phoebe's cute cupcake hat (made by Glenna Anderson)
A couch of foxy ladies!
Cutest baby dress, courtesy of Brittany and Rachelle
Emily's very fun candy game
IN OTHER NEWS:
I'm a baby-sponge.  I went to a screening last night of the movie The Business of Being Born, produced by Ricki Lake--as in the 90's talk-show host, and I liked it alot.  After the movie Ricki had a Q&A about it and it was basically a documentary pro-mid-wives, home birthing, and staying away from OB/GYNs and hospitals.  I would never do a home birth, but I like the idea of it (You actually see Ricki giving birth in a full bath tub).  I also like the idea of not having Pitocin or an Epidural but I will probably have the latter because I have 0 pain tolerance and I hear it is the best thing about giving birth.  So I have no birth plan as of yet and intend to "go with the flow" of however this baby wants to come out.  P.s. Dave and I went in for a check up today and Pheebs looks a little reptilian-like, is that normal? 


4 comments:

Carrie & Patrick said...

I WANNA BE THERE! how will pheebs know i love her!!!! well dont worry im coming!!!!

Brittany said...

I am so glad you liked the dress. We were pretty in love with it the moment we saw it. The shower was amazing. every detail! You do have an amazing family. P.s. I love your mom and am obsessed how she showcased all the gifts. She is too cute.

Jenni said...

Oh, come on Steph, you are tough. Go natural!;) It's all mind over matter. JK, whatever you want is best for you.

Your shower looked so fun and pretty!

Jennifer Hefti said...

Oh I wish I could have been there... That little dress is so cute!!! That movie gives me the hibijibis... I would like to think that giving birth naturally is the way to go, but I don't know how I would react... really, I don't. I admire your laid back attitude. Keep it up! Love ya!