12.15.2010

Ever try to hold down a baby during a nebulizing treatment?

I have, and it is a workout! I think I'm going to patent it as the next core toner. No, but really how the heck does anyone do this? I am just out of ideas. I get the arched back mule kick every time.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Owen has to do it too. He is use to it now but when he was 1 it was hard. I would put on a show or something to distract him. I also never used the mask. It is to big of a pain. Good luck. Maybe a treat would work. I am all about bribery.

Jamie said...

Simon has to do this often. We have found movies, singing to him (his favorite) and just general distraction works best. Andrew's good at doing it while Simon's sleeping, but I always seem to wake him up when I do this. Also, we let him have his pacifier while we give it to him and then he just breaths it through his nose instead, which works great. Sorry to hear you have to go through this, I hate it! We now can NEVER travel without ours (good things insurance bought us a travel one for home and on the road use, it packs up great).

Rockwell5 said...

I agree with the earlier comments. When he was little, we just let Seth watch a movie or play trains and I would hold it in front of him. Either that, or we'd do it while he slept--many a middle of the night treatments. The doctor said he would get enough this way if the mask didn't work (which it didn't for us). We also had an inhaler with a face mask and tube. That was almost better.

I hate to say it, but even with age (Seth is now 8), the nebulizer never got easy for us. We had to modify our "asthma action plan" to faze out the nebulizer. It is just so hard to get a kid to sit still with a tube in their mouth for 10 minutes!

I feel for you! Hope little Phoebe feels better...fast!

Steph said...

Thanks for the tips guys. Its getting better, especially with Dave helping and Yo Gabba Gabba. Couldn't do it without either of these two.