10.21.2011

A good watch.


I really hope all who watch this and read this will become organ donors. I still think about Ruby all the time. Watching this I can't help but feel that there are so so many in greater need than ourselves. And I truly believe it is when we serve that we can be lifted from our own trials. I love getting a note in the mail, or a surprise visit from a friend, or phone call, text, house cleaning, babysitting etc. It just makes my day, knowing someone is thinking of little ol me. That's part of the reason why I love doing these things for others. And the other part is that the effects of giving never ceases to amaze me. It blesses the giver and receiver equally, even if it is sometimes hard or inconvenient for the giver. There's been times when I've been asked to do something and I haven't wanted to do it, but once I am there and go with an open heart, a listening ear, and working hands I return home with a fullness I honestly can't get anywhere else. Like a service high, or something. Lately, I have just been praying to be guided to anyone who needs me. And wouldn't you know it, I get little promptings every so often to go visit a certain person, or call a friend, start up a conversation with a stranger, or just randomly smile at someone. It doesn't even have to be a specific prompting, it could just be living your life thinking more about the person your looking at (unless it's a mirror) than yourself. Putting yourself in their shoes may not be enough. You really have to wash away any stereotypes, bias-ness, and prior knowledge about that person or family to be able to really "see" them as God sees them. Even if you have known a person your whole life, I don't think it's possible to really know them like God does, but it's worth a shot to at least try and with that understanding meet their needs the best you can.

2 comments:

jill said...

tell dave this is why you can't go private. people need to read or watch uplifting things and be inspired by your words. even blog stalkers.

Ani said...

love this!