Some of you may not know this, but I am a member of Speed the Band. A band that was formed to create alot of anxiety and turmoil for some, and an income for others, and a life-long passion of making this world a safer place for children. Since the horrific rape and murder of Chelsea King, my dad wrote the song, "Chelsea Runs" to honor this poor girl and family, and inspire change in our laws. We were invited by the King family to perform at the event "Going the Distance" in Lake Poway to rally for Chelsea's Law yesterday. It was absolutely terrifying for some to perform in front of so many people, but we did it. And I think we did it well. I haven't actually seen any video of us, except for the news clips, but everyone said we did great. Anyways, I think its pretty amazing we pulled it off and in case I haven't already mentioned it, all proceeds of our song, Chelsea Runs, is going to the Chelsea Light Foundation to help pass Chelsea's Law. Its a great cause and only on $ .99 on iTunes.
To buy the song, go to iTunes and search for "Chelsea Runs" by Speed the Band
Click here to watch news clip.
And here to watch another news clip with a lame commercial :)
I really love my family and love performing with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment