11.18.2010

Its all about the attitude.

I had a great time working on this video with my family. You may need to watch it a few times to get the message, but it's basically about a girl who tries to get her sexually abusive step father convicted but the court keeps ruling in his favor. So she kills him while he's sexually abusing her. And grows up to be a waitress, until she decides her contribution to society is to become a lawyer for sexually abused kids.

So uplifting huh!? We are working with Chelsea's Light Foundation to get Chelsea's Law enacted in all states and around the globe, which is a one strike law against sexual abusers and life in prison. Really they should just get shot, but its the best law we've got so far. Just passed in California and is going to other state's legislation as we speak. Just doing my part to keep the momemtum. Enjoy watching my amazing acting skills. Ha.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Soo I had to bury the video under another window during the little girl crying abuse scenes, and when grown-up empowered Stephanie sits down next to the little girl in court I burst into tears. I think that means good video? This was also at work without sound, I have to brave up for that next.

A+ for production, mad acting skills and, of course, cause.